6 responses

1. NP40
    04/14/2020

Wow, Turner is a mess. You can make some excuse for Wagner because he’s on an island outside but Turner is inside and doesn’t even look for the stunt.

2. Cudahy Cheesehead
    04/14/2020

I have always had faith in the “experts” doing their job. Whether it is the coach, GM, or scout…..they came to the conclusion that Turner and Wagner are the answer. Is it purely a money issue? Is it who wanted to play in Green Bay and who doesn’t want to play in Wisconsin? Why don’t the ‘experts’ see what you see? After all they are the ‘experts’.

3. Michael Rodney
    04/14/2020

For the life of me, I can’t figure out what Gutekunst and his scouts were thinking with Turner. Over $7M per year? Turner was the epitome of mediocre prior to coming to Green Bay, and there was very little to suggest he’d ever be much more than mediocre.

4. John P.
    04/14/2020

The part about Rodgers slowing down makes sense. You’d think the GM would surround Rodgers with as much talent on the offensive line and at wide receiver as possible in his later years. Instead, his supporting cast was much stronger when he was in his prime. It seems a backwards approach to me.

5. Aron
    04/15/2020

So thankful for a Packers site that tells it like it is. So much kool-aid drinking sites and rarely this level of deep dive. Thank you Michael!

6. Tom Moshier
    04/19/2020

By the very nature of FA you always over pay for what you get. Would the contract for Turner have been better spent on an extension for Bulaga? Probably. But age and injury were concerns with the big RT. It remains to be seen if the Chargers overpaid for him. And they paid a lot. Time will tell. Bakhtiari is a contract extension we must get done next year which made Bulaga expendable and the move to Wagner. Who I’d much prefer as a backup to a starter. Which is why I think Austin Jackson or Ezra Cleveland make the most sense at 30 over a second WR. Turner signed a three year deal. With maybe only two guaranteed? It’s hardly a cap breaker. It’s hard for me to complain when we never play the FA game and then complain when we do that we spend too much. You can’t really have it both ways. But I certainly see your point.