8 responses

1. Bryan
    08/16/2021

I agree his accuracy wasn’t good enough. Even his biggest play, the seam route to Stern, was off target. But all his passes had a chance to be caught and he kept the ball away from defenders. Hope he gets to keep it up against the Jets this week. He needs the reps!

2. Eric
    08/16/2021

I thought it was quite notable that LaFleur said that Funchess didn’t run that route – the one that he one-handed – quite right, and that Love had put it right where it was supposed to be. Just watching games it’s not always easy to have the full picture. Regardless, he does need to work on accuracy….we’ve been spoiled by one of the most accurate Qb’s of all time.

Another nugget from Saturday night that struck me was seeing Anthony Miller injured and to then hear that he’ll be out for awhile….maybe Cobb wouldn’t have been as available as so many have been saying. Miller was supposed to take over Cobb’s slot role…..

And another little tidbit: I saw today that Vernon Butler is at risk of getting cut….this was the guy many thought TT should have drafted instead of Clark. Just an interesting little factoid.

3. David
    08/16/2021

I think Love has a stronger arm than even prime Rodgers. I was shocked at how quick the ball came out. With that said you can’t really teach accuracy and the fact is that he will not be as accurate as Rodgers.

However he might be able to Favre it into double coverage and make stupid decisions work that Rodgers would never make. Those decisions might lead to 7-10 or 10-7 and the super bowl. Love can be a top 15 qb, and I think that is pretty good for the end of the 1st round.

4. Tom M
    08/16/2021

The one play that stood out to me was the one late in the second quarter. You could see him going thru his reads from right to left with the pocket closing and a DE with his hand on his shoulder pad and Love delivered the ball to either Taylor or a RB on the left sideline. It was for minimal gain. But you could see him reading the defense and not running with the first sign of trouble. I found that very encouraging. I agree, the ball seems to jump out of his hand. Watching him throw deep balls to MVS next year will be fun. And he’s got the perfect demeanor and isn’t letting any of this drama affect him.

So much nonsense was written last year about Love not beating out Boyle. Tim Boyle was a blistering 8/15 for a scorching 38 yards for the Lions on Saturday. It’s amazing what a real offseason program and a few first team reps can do for a talented young QB.

5. Cy
    08/17/2021

I don’t think we’ll know about Love until we see him in a real game. I see this summer as nothing more than a chance to get used to being an NFL quarterback.

6. Tom M
    08/17/2021

Absolutely Cy. We’re not out of the woods just yet. Brett Hundley had a good initial preseason and he certainly disappointed. It didn’t take long to realize DeShone Kizer couldn’t play either. Still neither QB was as talented as Love. He gives LaFleur a talented, coachable kid that’ll run his offense. An offense that made NFL QB’s out of camp arms CJ Bethard and Cris Mullins. Love just needs to show us there’s hope. And that the organization won’t be help hostage by a certain diva QB. So far so good.

7. Derek
    08/17/2021

Joe Barry has a great rep as a linebackers coach, so maybe he’s made a difference with Burks. It’s probably wishful thinking, but that would be such great news for the defense.

8. Dan
    08/18/2021

I like the opening comment on crowd noise- Rodgers having silence on the road was just another reason 2020 was our best shot