10 responses

1. Michael Rodney
    March 1, 2022

As always, feel free to leave a comment.

Also, I won’t be including De’Vondre Campbell in this series since I wrote about him a few weeks ago. Click the link below to read that story.

2. Dave
    March 1, 2022

Don’t the same concerns over being a one year wonder apply to Campbell?

• Michael Rodney
      March 1, 2022

Absolutely, and I mentioned that in my story on Campbell. Giving big money to either would be a gamble, but Campbell was the better player prior to coming to Green Bay. Plus, the Packers have nobody to replace him.

• Dave
        March 1, 2022

Who do you think is the Packers closest comparison(if any) at ILB in recent history to the way Campbell played from ’16-’20?

3. Eric
    March 1, 2022

I would be absolutely stunned if they re-signed Douglas. Great story for the year but they don’t have room for another outside corner. Assuming Jaire gets fully healthy they should have one of the best corner duos in the league. They still really need an inside slot guy. Too bad Douglas doesn’t fit that mold.

• Michael Rodney
      March 1, 2022

I’d also be surprised to see Douglas re-signed, but I’m not overly concerned about where he’d line up. Smart defensive coordinators find ways to get talented players on the field.

4. Craig
    March 1, 2022

Trading Rodgers and Adams is probably the only way to keep both Campbell and Douglas.

I’d like to see the Packers play more like the 49ers in the future. Strong defense and running game, and a steady QB who runs LaFleur’s offense. I think that’s the road back to the Super Bowl as opposed to paying two older players $75 million a year and surrounding them with a weaker roster.

5. Me
    March 1, 2022

Douglas not our best CB. Campbell is our best ILB. Choice is easy.

6. Bryan
    March 1, 2022

As good as 12 and 17 are, I would almost take the picks we would get in a trade and keep Douglas/Campbell.

Damn. How did we not win this thing last year?

7. Devon
    March 2, 2022

Some team will overpay for Douglas. He’s still young and coming off a Pro Bowl caliber season. That might be worth $10 million a year to a GM whose team is desperate for corners and has a lot of cap space.